3/16/2020

Life in the Time of Coronavirus Nr. 1

The coronavirus was confirmed in Michigan on the 10th and response has been quick: my workplace closed, schools have closed and are moving online, our Governor announced that restaurants and bars are closed excepting take-out and delivery... thus far, my workplace has set a provisional return-to-work date for March 23rd, and resumption of normal service for April 6th. I am, at least, being paid for my scheduled hours, which is nice.

When will this end? Would that I know. I've revised my expectations from May to July, a friend of a friend tells me that it may last through to September or October, and apparently some health officials in Britain are expecting a second wave of cases come Spring 2021.

An old Chinese curse says "may you live in interesting times." Looks like we've all gotten that one.

Thus far I've balanced my orchestral template; though I expect that as I compose with it that I will tweak it further, and that as I research and learn more, I will tweak it still further. I have plenty of spare time to compose, which for the time being is nice. Lots of time to put into studying music theory, as well.

And to transcribe, too! Though you'll have to join me on Patreon to get at those.

No comments:

Post a Comment